Why gym mats are key for accessibility to gyms, fitness centers, studios & more…
As more and more people with disabilities continue joining gyms, fitness centers and martial arts studios for strength training, exercise programs and therapy, making sure your facility has ADA compliant gym mats should be a top priority.
These types of healthy lifestyle facilities are not immune to federal and state accessibility laws regarding compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Gym mats are designed for keeping members safe from falls and injury, but unfortunately they also create tripping hazards and accessibility problems for people with disabilities. Typical thickness of most gym mats ranges from 1-1/4” to 1-3/4” height and require ramping to mitigate these vertical barriers and tripping hazards.
ADA laws and regulations (specifically Section 405) apply to all places of public accommodation, including but not limited to:
- Fitness centers
- Martial Arts studios
- Wrestling centers
- Public workout facilities (hotels, offices, etc.)
- Community Centers
- And many more…
What can I do to make my gym mats ADA compliant?
Providing ramps and flooring reducers that give access to gym mats of various heights is an increasingly popular and cost effective way to help with ADA compliance in all types of public fitness centers across the country. This not only protects those with disabilities, but also the facility owner from violating federal and state accessibility laws.
What features are important when buying a ramp or flooring reducer?
There are a number of important features that a good ramp or flooring reducer must have, and they include:
- ADA compliance to ensure that safety requirements are met.
- Easy to install
Why choose SafePath Products for your facility?
SafePath Products offers a wide selection of ramps and flooring reducers to overcome height barriers. All of our ramps are quality-assured and have the following features:
- ADA compliant – All our ramps, transitions, and reducers are ADA compliant and satisfy disability access codes.
- Versatile – Our ramps are designed for both commercial and residential use.
- Durable – Our ramps are made from 100% recycled rubber, have no weight limitations, are UV-stable, and are engineered for quality and longevity.
- Slip-resistant and water-resistant – Our non-absorbent solid recycled rubber ramps are slip-resistant, waterproof and easy to clean.
- Convenient – Our ramps are customizable for a variety of mat sizes (height and width).
- Easy installation – Install in minutes with adhesive for permanent solutions, or with double-backed tape for less permanent applications (it’s easy to relocate ramps with the mats wherever needed for tournaments and special events).
- Affordable – Competitive market pricing, quick turnaround times and a 10-year warranty..
For more information on the benefits and utility of using ramp systems for your gym mats please visit our CourtEdge Reducer Ramps page, or call us toll free at 800-497-2003.
To see all of the other ADA compliant products we sell you can visit our Products Page.
SafePath Products is an American manufacturer of ADA compliant threshold ramps, flooring reducers, entry level landings, and other industrial and residential products for ADA access code compliance. For over 25 years we’ve been the industry leader in providing “green” solutions to the construction industry, and all of our products are made from 100% recycled materials here in the USA.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you with any of your accessibility needs.